Friday, October 10, 2008

Do It Afraid!

Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not...for it is the Lord your
God Who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.
-DEUTERONOMY 31:6-

Fear is nothing but a feeling that causes certain manifestations. It causes us to tremble, sweat, turn red, shake, and have wobbly knees. The Bible doesn’t say, “Tremble not.” The Bible doesn’t say, “Sweat not,” or “Shake not.” The Bible says, “Fear not.” And the word fear implies running away from something! In other words, God is saying when fear comes, which it will because fear is the enemy of confidence, don’t let it stop us. We are to do it afraid!

When I received this revelation, I could hardly believe it. It seemed too good to be true. I realized there wasn’t anything wrong with me when my knees knocked together in new situations or when I felt I was going to faint. Because I went ahead and did what I was supposed to do in spite of how I felt, I wasn’t a coward. We are cowards only if we run. Maybe you have been allowing a feeling to control and determine your destiny. Maybe you think that some people have fear and others don’t. But the truth is that fear comes to everybody. What we do in spite of that fear makes the difference between victory or defeat in our lives.

Joyce Meyer's 366 Devotions in New Day New You

2 comments:

ShenQ said...

Thanks Yan Shiang. For the encouragement to know that I'm going in fear. But in fear we overcome it. Thanks again.

yan shiang said...

Hi ShenQ!!Great to know that it's been encouraging. I'll post summore devotional material so keep it up! :)