Friday, October 24, 2008

Bewar the "Flesh Days"

In all your ways know, recognize, and acknwledge Him, and
He will drect and make straight
and plain your paths. -PROVERBS 3:6
I have found that the more oedient I am, the easier it is to be obedient again. And the more disobedient I am, the easier it is to be disobedient. Some days we can tell as soon as we wake up that we're going to have what I call a "flesh day". We start the day feeling stubborn and lazy.
Our first thoughts are: I'm not cleaning this house, I'm going shopping. I'm not staying on this stupid diet either. I'm eathing what I want to eat all day, and I don't want anybody in my face bugging me about it. If they do, I'm going to tell them what I think.
If we feel that way when we wake up, we have a decision to mae. We can follow those feelings or we can pray, "God, please help me, quick!" Our feelings can come under the lordship of Jesus Christ if we ask Him to help us straighten out our attitude.
I know all about flesh days; I know we can start out acting badly and it can go from bad to worse. It seems that once we give in to a selfish attitude and follow our flesh, it's downhill to a wasted day. But every time we obey our conscience, we widen the window that God can use to led us by His Spirit. Everytime we follow the leading of our conscience, it lets in more light the next time. Once we enjoy knowing that God will truly lead us to a better plan, it gets easier to obey Him promptly.
From Joyce Meyer's devotional material

No comments: